Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I really need to write more. Keeping emotions locked up in the chaotic chamber of my mind always leads to trouble.

Guessing I didn't get the job. The interview was a week and a half ago.

"Do you think you're overqualified for this position?" she asked.

Like I'm gonna fucking admit to that. Of course I'm overqualified. Tried to explain that I'm getting back into the nonprofit sector and would love the opportunity to work with such a fantastic agency that helps the homeless, even if it's more entry-level.

Getting that job would have made all the difference to me now. Having gone through the whole Roscoe fiasco and the anxiety from leaving my personal training career after 7 years....

I resigned July 3....

Yeah, I've been freaking out. No job. Heartache. The loneliness. Trying to keep busy, but I don't feel the desire to do much more than sit on the couch, fuck with FB and other on-line follies, and look out the window. A lot.

I know that if I keep applying myself and searching daily, God will bless me with a new opportunity. Can't just give up.

-------

Removing the Roscoe tattoo is delayed. I decided to have it lasered so the cover up with look spectacular.
Made the appointment. The day before I was scheduled, the company's laser broke. Fucking really? So they're gonna call me back. Yeah, that was like a week ago.

-------

Been drinking some. Used the excuse of it's the holiday week, let's get drunk! But going to AA tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Ma'am, you DO need to write more! You've had some major changes going on. I am eager to hear more about what led to you finally leaving the job you had come to loathe. KUDOS for doing that! Sometimes we have take a leap of faith, shut one door so we can get ready for a new one to open. Don't let the jobs you don't get defeat you, there the ones God doesn't want you to have. My nephew recently obtained his master's degree and has gone thru dozens of interviews and was feeling pretty defeated by the process. Then suddenly this week three different job offers opened up, and it was so exciting to see him weighing out the options and choosing what he hopes will be the right spot for him. I encouraged him to look not only at benefits and dollar signs, but also at what he thinks might make him happiest and lead in the direction he'd like to see himself five years down the road. This also holds true for you, Ruby dearest... keep seeking, keep applying, and you'll find the place where your talents will click with those in charge. It's also very important that you kick this addiction so that you can be healthy and whole and ready to take on new challenges. God won't bring them on until you are prepared! I KNOW you can do it, Ruby, your heart is in being of service to others, it's where you belong. Don't sit home and wallow, it will pull you under, if all else fails, get out and volunteer someplace a couple hours a day... no telling what doors it could lead to! Please keep us up to date here, I care about you and I'm praying for you all the way! XOXO, Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - As you know, there is always a reason'/excuse to drink if you're looking for one... and there is also always a reason to embrace sobriety. Listen to that little voice, Ruby, follow it to where it beckons you!

    ReplyDelete