Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tonight's AA meeting was essential for me.

Had been battling bad anxiety over tomorrow - covering up Roscoe's name on my neck. Helped to be around folks at the meeting who understand.

Also I think I found my biological father today. (I know, right??!!) Weeks ago I submitted a saliva test to find my history. Maybe locate my biological parents.

The irony, my bro purchased the test for me on my last birthday. I scoffed at it, threw the box on the dining room table and ignored submitting the test for 8 months. Until recently.

Just received the results last night. I have over 900+ relatives that matched my DNA. And my heritage is actually British and Irish.

Also, pretty sure my new family contact, Joyce (a distant cousin) ***knows*** who my dad is:

Based on our DNA and links to other family, Joyce described a man who was a 1) jazz musician, 2) lived in the round about areas when I could have been born...AND 3) my adoptive mom had confirmed the jazz musician part to me long ago, before she passed. My new contact also told me dad was a hardcore addict.

He committed suicide while high on drugs. Shot himself on the front lawn. The wife was leaving him. His name was Dean.

So now I know how I became an addict.

This has **got** to be the guy.

And he's fucking dead.

Out of all the relatives, there's only a handful out of 900 who live/lived in the area where I was born.

I wonder if Joyce will respond to me again with more updates. She seems hesitant a bit. Just what I'm sensing.

Absolutely fascinating to find remnants of  family.

I'm so grateful that my bro bought me the test. We've been rather close lately now that we have Roscoe as the common enemy -- finally. I'm thrilled and grateful that bro and I are still together.

------
I've decided to have the Roscoe tattoo lasered first. It's way too dark of a piece to cover (was redone twice) to look spectacular after a cover up. It happens to be on the sexiest part of my neck too. Don't want mediocre. Meeting my artist anyway tomorrow to do some touch ups. As a result of this decision, I found an amazing amount of peace. It just felt right. And the anxiety about the tattoo vanished almost instantly.

Bro likened the laser treatments as a gradual healing process, like healing from Roscoe. As the tattoo fades, so will the past, leaving space for the new. Sometimes bro kicks ass.  :)

------

Got a job interview this Thursday at 2pm with an awesome charity that helps the homeless. So excited!!! If this pans out my prayer will be answered. Dear God, I need a fresh start somewhere, where I can make a family and fulfill God's purpose for me -- helping others. That's all I want. All I want.

1 comment:

  1. Now THIS is what I like to read! Yes, fading out and covering that tattoo is a very healing thing to do, Roscoe gone, tattoo gone, time to fill your life with new and better.

    Not sure how to feel about maybe finding your dad. Sure sounds like the right fit though. Maybe you have found this information now as his gift from eternity to you.. a warning... don't let your life end in nothing.

    We know that addiction is an inherited trait, but it doesn't have to be your choice or your way of life, it doesn't have to be the end of the story. It can be the story of your past!

    I am so proud of you for going to AA when I know it's just the hardest thing to do right now, there is no hiding there, everyone knows all the games. You are keeping it real, and that's the very best way to be. You can fight this monster into submission. I believe in you!

    Praying hard for the new job possibility. We heal best by helping others heal. You've been there, so you are the most qualified to reach out and give a hand to others that are drowning in their lives. I just know that God has a special place for you to serve, as soon as you are clean and strong and ready to serve, keep that goal in mind and you will get there!

    It is my honor to know you and to love you, Ruby Girl. You think it strange that we met up as we did. It might appear to be coincidence, just two blogger ships crossing in the night, but I know better. God wants you to know how much you are loved and that you are not alone. I too once felt like that, you knew me then, and you cared. I am returning the love to you now. XOXO, Josie

    ReplyDelete