Monday, March 31, 2014

Bro Comes Calling...After 4 Months

My doorbell rang this morning. Yes, I was sipping Vodka. The ding-dong scared the hell out of me -- I don't receive unscheduled visitors at the house. Literally popped up from the couch, like I heard the cops knocking. It was the UPS man. A delivery for me.

But I hadn't ordered anything.

Had a feeling who it was from, and I was correct.

Bro sent me a package. After four months of no contact. And here it is:


A bunch of dog treats. NOT new. Used, pre-opened. Bro also owns a dog. Her name is Lulu. A Jack Russell Terrior. I call her "Ms Lucy." Much more fitting. When he dies, I'm taking her. 

Ms. Lucy and my bro


And a letter, explaining that Ms. Lucy is suffering from digestive issues, so she won't be needing all her old treats. Yeah. I'm laughing as I write this because bro tends to send me TONS of pre-used shit. Never anything new. However, I think it's his way of showing he cares about me and is still thinking about me. The USED stuff can get rather annoying, especially on my birthday. The fucker is wealthy as hell.

I am the mother of **three* rescued pit bulls and a long-haired cat. My children. I doubt my babies care if the treats were pre-owned. Just fed them some. They loved 'em.

"Thanx." That's the text I sent him. And left it at that. Mom always taught me to say thanks, even when you don't mean it.

Roscoe drunk texted me last night. Sent a picture of his new tattoo. As if I care (and unfortunately, I do) Looks like shit in my opinion. Bargain basement:







4 comments:

  1. Well, we can look at it two ways. Clearly he is a butthead for taking in your ex... and having no contact with you... and sending pre-owned gifts. Then again, he had to be thinking of you, he finally reached out, at least in some form, and he knew your pups would eat the treats. Better than tossing them in the trash for sure, which it sounds like he could well afford to do. Reading his note, it doesn't sound so horrible. So you have a choice, of deciding which angle to focus on, what was wrong or what was right. Life is almost always some of both, not always clearly one way or the other.

    My older sister once did something pretty horrible in the name of believing that she was "helping me", so I know how that feels. It's taken me years to get over the rage and maybe forgive her on the grounds that in the twists of her reasoning, she thought she was doing right. Maybe your brother really thought that by taking in Roscoe he could keep him far away from you and the temptation to reunite for another round of hell. That isn't wrong, but it is surely misguided. And taking him into his house, is just plain insensitive and self-serving. I think in time he'll see that was a mistake. No one can prevent another from doing things, the choices have to be yours to make, even if he wants badly to "save you from yourself." We can encourage, we can pray, but the choice must always be yours.
    I am glad that you acknowledged his gift, it didn't have to be sweet or fancy.

    As for Roscoe, do yourself a big favor and block his number, sweetie, otherwise it's just like pulling the scab off a wound over and over again, it can never begin to heal. There are some people in our lives that we will continue care about no matter what they've put us thru and what we've put them thru, but it is better and far healthier to love them from a distance. I agree on the tat though... I'm not impressed.

    I'm glad that your furkids enjoyed their treats, treats are a good thing! Treat yourself to something special this week, something that makes you feel good about you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie gets it spot on!
    I'm just stopping by from the A to Z and I've added you to my circles...I'll be back. ;)
    On the A to Z Challenge Maggie@expatbrazil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Josie for another wise post. We must be soul sistas, because when I read your stuff, I just melt. xoxo

    Maggie - thanks for the add xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah family! Great to follow and connect through A to Z
    http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete